Inheriting and gifting without surprises
Estate planning or ‘inheritance planning’ involves advice on the transfer of assets during a person’s lifetime or after their death.
How can DCTL help you?
DCTL mainly advises on:
- the tax aspects of prenuptial agreements, wills and gifts;
- the settlement of estates. This requires heirs/beneficiaries to take decisions that can have far-reaching tax implications;
- the inheriting or gifting of business assets and certain shares of companies that operate a business;
- the tax implications of dying or making gifts in cross-border situations, for example, foreign assets, living and/or working abroad, emigration and immigration;
- we also advise accountants, lawyers, bankers, notaries public and insurers on complicated tax issues that arise in connection with the estate planning they provide to their clients.