Since the dismantling of the former Netherlands Antilles on October 10, 2010, Curaçao has an autonomous status (status aparte) and is a fully-fledged country within the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Curaçao has a population of 150,000. The official currency is the Netherlands Antillean guilder.
DCTL provides tax advice to businesses and individuals with local and cross-border interests, investments or activities. An ideal combination of optimum tax position and maximum certainty is sought. The professionals have specific knowledge of and experience with Curaçaon tax legislation and are thus uniquely placed to efficiently and expertly assist you with tax matters.
The office’s core activities consist mainly of advice on:
- the starting and structuring of business activities on or from Curaçao
- cross-border mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and restructuring
- cross-border financing
- real estate investment on or from Curaçao
- types of legal forms (including joint ventures and partnerships)
- intercompany services and the supply of goods (transfer pricing)
- amendments to Curaçaon legislation and case law and its implications for investors
- secondment of staff to and from Curaçao
- cross-border option and pension plans
- emigration to and from Curaçao
- the provision and exchange of information between Curaçao and third countries.
The advisory services provided cover such areas as profit tax, turnover tax, real estate transfer tax, customs duties and excise tax, payroll tax, personal income tax, inheritance tax, property tax, and social security. If necessary, tax advice can be coordinated to take account of non-tax fields, such as legal and administrative services.