Cuba is a developing country with a population of 11 million. The official currency is the Cuban peso.
DCTL provides tax advice to businesses and individuals with local and cross-border interests, investments or activities. We seek the ideal combination of minimum taxation and maximum security. The tax advisors involved with Cuba have specialist knowledge of and experience with Cuban tax law and are thus uniquely placed to efficiently and expertly assist you with tax matters.
The office’s core activities consist mainly of advice on:
- the starting and structuring of business activities on or from Cuba
- cross-border mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and restructuring
- cross-border financing
- types of legal forms (including joint ventures and partnerships)
- intercompany services and the supply of goods (transfer pricing)
- amendments to Cuban legislation and case law and its implications for investors
- secondment of staff to and from Cuba
- emigration to and from Cuba
- the provision and exchange of information between Cuba and third countries.
The provision of advice covers areas such as corporate income tax, turnover tax, customs duties and excise tax, payroll tax, personal income tax, inheritance tax and social security. If necessary, tax advice can be coordinated to take account of non-tax fields, such as legal and administrative services.